Get your minimum requirements prepared in order to apply online (recommended) or in person for AdvantagePlusCaregivers.com®
Our stringent requirements for all our caregivers assures that all of our personnel are properly qualified and in compliance for their positions. This is fundamental to the reliability and quality of our agency, and it also ensures a better work environment for all our co-workers, which ensures happier Care Recipients, which ensures a better life for everyone.
You will be able to fill out our basic application online on the next page after you gather some of the following basic minimum requirements and understanding of the processes. You need to have you previous employment, education history and personal references handy.
We encourage you to come in and lets us help you register with California Department of Social Services. However you can do it online before you come in but either way it is required that all caregivers working in the home are classified as "Home Care Aides" (HCA) and are required to be registered with the California Department of Social Services (C.D.S.S ) to work for any Home Care Organization in the State of California and pay a $25 registration fee. You will need our Home Care Organization (HCO) registered license ID number when you are registering 194700149. (If you are already registered you will need to fill out form LIC 9182 Criminal Background Clearance and Transfer Request form that we will supply you and assist you with when you come in to finish the application process and interview.)
In this process you will be required to do a criminal background check through the Department of Justice called "live scan" that you will submit to the C.D.S.S give them our License number 194700149.
All Home Care Aides in California working through a Home Care Organization are required to have 5 hours of initial training and yearly 5 hours of CEU's from the date of registering with the C.D.S.S. We will provide that to you at no additional cost if you have met all other requirements.
Our Agency's minimum document requirements are as follows:
You will be required to have:
- TB test (Skin test every two years)
- CPR and First Aid Certifications (Current)
- Criminal background release
- APC Contract
- Adult Abuse Reporter Acknowledgement
- Disclaimer Affidavit
- All documentation MUST be the original - no copies of documentation are allowed.
- You must have U.S. work authorization (i.e. green card, work permit, social security number, etc.) and a valid government issued ID to apply with us.
- We require a copy of your Social Security card for our records.
- We need a copy of your driver's license, proof of valid car insurance, and a clean DMV printout of your driving record (no more than 2 years old) if your work assignment requires that you drive for the Care Recipient, which most jobs do.
- All AdvantagePlusCaregivers.com® employees are required to speak, read and write fluent English. English does not need to be your first language, and knowing a second language is always welcome and often a valuable asset but you must be able to communicate with the office in english.
- We conduct random drug testing, and you may be required to submit to and pass a drug test before you are hired and/or at any time on the job.
The following is not required; however, we encourage bringing them in with you if you have them: Professional References, Letters of Recommendation, and any additional health care related schooling or training that you have completed. The more information available regarding your training and experience the higher your opportunity of being placed on a job.
When you have met all the minimum requirements listed above, please call one of our Care Coordinators to set up an application and interview appointment - we look forward to hearing from you!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We use smartphone technology to make the movement of information instant and more efficient. Download and use of the APC App is free to our caregivers and will allow you to instantly send care notes and time sheets, receive instant notifications of job openings, allow you to confirm schedules and provide your care recipient data needed to help you provide the best care you can give. Though not required, it is highly recommended that you have or obtain a smartphone so you can enjoy the convenience and benefits of our APC App system.
If you meet these requirements then go to the next page and read "How to Apply".